View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LoateOffline
Post subject: Application for Loate, 70 Rogue  PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 01:01 PM
P

Character Name: Loate
Level: 70
Class: Rogue
Race: Troll
Gender (IRL): Male
# of requirements above you meet: All (until the season starts, then weekends become a bit of a problem)

Prior MMOG experience: UO for about a year, EQ for 2-3 years, DaoC for a year, AO briefly, Planetside for 4-5 months, installed Jumpgate (I think that's what it was called) played for 15 minutes then removed it, WoW since Dec. 2005

Prior Guilds: Astrum Brumalis (been with AB since they were Order of the Nine way back when)

Why did you quit your last guild? Great people and a lot of friends, but they're mainly casual (while still getting a lot accomplished) and I have more of a hardcore mindset. Just felt like I was getting stagnant.

Describe your role in a 40/25 man instance: Backstab, Slice and Dice, Rupture, get wtfpwned in the face by AE, back out and bandage, repeat. Oh, and Shiv snareable mobs so they don't eat the healers (more for heroics I guess).

What are your normal playtimes (In PST), and what are your conflicts with our schedule? Right now my normal playtimes are 10 a.m. pst till about 11 p.m. pst on Sun-Wed because I live in Minnesota and have to get some sleep before workouts in the morning. Thu-Sat I'm on whenever I'm needed, unless I pull wife aggro (which thankfully doesn't happen too often, she's pretty cool about it).

Do you have any other characters in any other guild on this server currently. Please list who and what guild: Nope, Loate is all I am.

Post your CT Profile (include talent spec): http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&n=Loate
Currently Mutilate, but I was Combat Daggers for 6 months prior to the expansion and will spec back with no problem at all.

What are your unbuffed resists? Fire 250ish, Arcane 260 with full gear, minimal Frost and Nature (AB never made it to Naxx or AQ 40 before the expansion Sad )

Describe your gear: Mainly stacked crit right now for mutilate, but I have several +hit pieces I can use for raiding and of course I can switch out the crit gems for hit gems. Most of my stuff is Heroic blues (since Quagmirran never drops my leggings!), with a couple Kara pieces and some Arena/Rep stuff. I'd say it's above average for a non Hellfish guild Smile

Think fast: In your left hand you hold toilet paper for the next 6 months. In your right hand you hold your burning crusade key. CHOOSE ONE! (explain) Hmm, I think at this point I might go with the toilet paper, because then I can trade it to all the people who chose the Burning Crusade keys for their keys; they must be pretty miserable by now.

True or False: If you were to meet Kalefe at the back door with a sizeable package, you would be received warmly. I don't really know who Kalefe is, but I'll go with true, because a sizeable package could hold just about anything.

Tell us a story - It can be about anything, in game or out, but make sure its entertaining! I actually have two stories.
1)I went to Antarctica when I was 13, and I'm here to tell you that all those movies that show penguins as loveable creatures that waddle around all day are filthy lies. When you disembark onto an iceberg or piece of land you can immediately tell if penguins are around, because the stench almost knocks you flat on your ass. The snow isn't white. It's a mixture of yellow, black, and colors that would make Jesus weep. And the penguins are LOUD. Nonstop "brawk brawk brawk". Other than that it was cool though.

2)If you are ever in a position to try and tackle Devon Hester of the Chicago Bears, be aware that the man does not obey the laws of physics that us mere mortals are consigned to follow. Inertia? He laughs at inertia. Same with the principles of mass and acceleration.

Give us some information about yourself (ingame or out): My name is Chris Kluwe, I currently live in Minnesota with my wife and 2 dogs, and I pretty much sit around all day and play computer games. Oh, and in my spare time I play for the Minnesota Vikings as the punter.

Post a picture of yourself if you like. (especially if it correlates to the story! - picture isn't required but helps).

(god I look lame. Why couldn't I pick a real position?)

I'd just like to finish with the following: I am very competitive, and I would really like to see if I have the skills to hang with a hardcore guild such as the Flying Hellfish. I'd like to think I do, but only you guys can judge that. Thanks for taking the time to consider my app.

Edit: Realized I forgot to put in my keys. Keyed for Karazhan, have the quests for both Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep but have only finished the Steamvaults portion of Tempest Keep. Revered with CoT, Lower City, and Kara, Exalted with everyone else.

Reply with quote Back to top
BrazeOffline
Post subject: Re: Application for Loate, 70 Rogue  PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 02:00 PM
Deviant Guild Druid

Loate wrote:

1)I went to Antarctica when I was 13, and I'm here to tell you that all those movies that show penguins as loveable creatures that waddle around all day are filthy lies. When you disembark onto an iceberg or piece of land you can immediately tell if penguins are around, because the stench almost knocks you flat on your ass. The snow isn't white. It's a mixture of yellow, black, and colors that would make Jesus weep. And the penguins are LOUD. Nonstop "brawk brawk brawk". Other than that it was cool though.

We all know that penguins totally win Oscars and sing and dance while fighting global warming. Not enough Captain Planet references.
Loate wrote:

2)If you are ever in a position to try and tackle Devon Hester of the Chicago Bears, be aware that the man does not obey the laws of physics that us mere mortals are consigned to follow. Inertia? He laughs at inertia. Same with the principles of mass and acceleration.

Hester = Mr. "Boo Hoo EA, I'm faster than 99 ranking, please give me a hundred rating for SPD so my penis does not weigh me down when i run really fast." Hester? Way to cheer on a whiny bish. Very Boston of ya.

Petty Officer of The Flying Hellfish

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
ThezilchOffline
Post subject: RE: Application for Loate, 70 Rogue  PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 02:01 PM
Public User

Interesting App.

I don't know that we're looking for Rogues, because our raid leader thinks they suck. I think it's just (some of) our rogues! ;p

The changes coming to melee/rogues in 2.1 could make a difference, of course.

LoateOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 02:20 PM
P

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that since they've decided to stop taking the nerf bat and shoving it sideways up the collective ass of rogues everywhere we might actually be useful once again in raiding.

Also, penguins do not win Oscars, it's the filmakers that are under the corrupt rule of the Penguin Union that win Oscars. Filthy creatures. And hate on Hester all you want (I know I do, the bastard returned one of my punts for a touchdown) but he is quite possibly one of the fastest people I've ever seen.

GatzuOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 03:01 PM
Public User

WE NEED BLOOPERS OF YOU FAILING TO TACKLE

LoateOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 03:12 PM
P

Gatzu wrote:
WE NEED BLOOPERS OF YOU FAILING TO TACKLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWzB3sOfRAc

Only one I can find. Make sure your volume is way up too, the sound is really low.

ItachiuchihaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 03:28 PM
Guys, How Do I Make a Battle Fury Again?

LOL Troll Rogue you win!

and BRAZE where you been i need to steelz yo money in poker

TrogdarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 03:31 PM
Thaddius at My Door

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPjhwSz_hFY

2:27 and onwards.

LoateOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 03:39 PM
P

Yup, that's me flying off him at the very end. Notice how I was the only kicker to actually touch him though? :p

MarauderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 03:56 PM
Guild Leader

Its a shame you didn't stay with the Hawks... I actually recall reading about you during the week or whatever it was when you were on the roster. I'm a huge seahawks fan, probably will be going to a few games this season (trying to get a Monday night game going). I'm also a big green bay fan too though... so is Kronos... so thats a problem! Smile

Anyway, your app isn't all that bad tbh - the thing is with rogues, is we're down to about 2 per raid at most, with about 2.5 active rogues, one of which is always there. Now, I'd not be against another rogue, if something in 2.1 changes our need for their slots. However, your personal background at least shows you know how to be a part of a huge team and organization, and not a bad one at that, and that alone speaks more than anything else (except for your playtime of course, which is acceptable), for an end game guild. I will let you know if we open another rogue slot come 2.1. Until then, all I can say is best of luck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number 
MarauderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 03:59 PM
Guild Leader

Actually reading your app in more detail it is really exceptional. Again, it will come down to 2.1. But its really a good app.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number 
LoateOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 04:05 PM
P

Thanks, I do try to be the best at whatever I do (even applications Smile ). I understand completely the rogue situation, hopefully 2.1 comes sooner rather than later. Till then, I'll be working on my heroic/Arena gear, and if you guys ever need a rogue for a heroic I'm always available Smile

And yeah, I'm bummed the Hawks didn't hold on to me also, I'm a West Coast kid (from Southern California originally) and playing there would have been perfect. Unfortunately, there were some politics going on behind the scenes that I was unaware of, and thus I am now a Viking. I won't hate you for being a Packers fan either; in order to define intelligence you have to have a counterpoint to compare it to Twisted Evil

KronosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 04:38 PM
Alchemist Slave #1

A very nice application indeed. I do feel for you as a rogue, 90% of the time I'm playing as an enhancement shaman. So I have a good understanding of the current problems that plague the class that blizzard has built in. Dan's correct 2.1 should change alot of things and that's probably the time we could give you a more concrete answer. Until then you're welcome to talk to me in game and we can discuss any questions you might have about the guild. There's also IRC where I can be reached too when I get home.

Also it's true I'm a huge Green Bay Packers fan, which is tough in this guild. Almost everyone feels Farve is too old to string a decent season together. That's ok though true fandom is being able to cheer even during bad years. However we did go 8-8 and only were out of the playoffs by a scoring/points allowed rule where the Giants beat us out. This year though with a few additions in personal and another year under our head coaches belt, we'll be in the play-offs. Anyway it's no biggie you're with the Vikings just be ready to get rocked by the Pack Twisted Evil

Anyway again if you have questions regarding the guild I'm around in-game or on IRC (eventually heh). I'm also more than willing to discuss the NFL and domination of Packers football Very Happy

MarauderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 04:44 PM
Guild Leader

Packers are better than their 8-8 record indicates, and Favre is one of the better QB's in the league still.

However, Kronos is clearly not a Packers fan, because he can't even spell Brett Favre properly.

And yes, I forgot about our enhancement shamans. We have 2 for 1 spot at the moment, sometimes we can bring both. But I'll be adding an elemental shaman spot soon, and with so few spots its difficult to determine what is best just yet.

SakulzamarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2007 - 04:48 PM
Barry White in a Turban

I do not understand this sport at all.

Jump to: